Friday, March 10, 2017

Reflection for March 9, 2017

" Then Jacob woke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place—and I did not know it!” (Genesis 28:16)

I believe in God's immanence, you know that God is everywhere.  I will also say that I have felt God's presence more strongly at various times and in various places.  

I usually know or sense God's presence when I'm in church, especially one where people have gathered for worship.  Though I can walk into a very beautiful church and sense God's presence even when I may be the only one in the building.

I have felt God's presence while being outdoors.  Just enjoying the natural beauty that surrounds me, hearing the non man made noises and smelling the smells, tells me that God is present.

I sense God's presence when I witness people treating others kindly and with compassion. Sometimes in large ways more often in small.

I also know of God's presence even in places where it isn't so obvious.  But I think to know God's presence you really have to know God.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment