Saturday, March 18, 2017

Reflection for March 18, 2017

"He had another dream, and told it to his brothers, saying, “Look, I have had another dream: the sun, the moon, and eleven stars were bowing down to me.” (Genesis 37:9)

All of us dream. While we sleep for sure.  Sometimes I can recall my dreams, but unless they are funny, I rarely recall them. Usually I just remember my brain shutting them down and waking me up.

All of us daydream as well.  Usually about what we'd like our future to be.  Occasionally dreaming of perhaps happier times in our past.  I know I can be guilty of doing those things.

Without dreams we can't process what's going on. Without dreams we can't imagine a future.  Joseph's dreams didn't help him much in the beginning.  They just seemed to strain an already volatile sibling rivalry.

Sometimes its good to share our dreams with others.  They might help us see them through or at least ask us what we ate the night before.  However there are times that we'd be better served keeping them to ourselves.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment