Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Reflection for March 13, 2017

" Jacob was left alone; and a man wrestled with him until daybreak."(Genesis 32:24)

One of my favorite sports is wrestling.  I was a wrestler in high school, albeit not a very good one, but somehow still loved the sport.  Both of my sons wrestled, and I still follow their team, the Gateway Gators.

I will probably watch some of the NCAA wrestling tournament this week.  There was even a time when I loved "professional wrestling."

So this story of Jacob wrestling touches my heart.  I'm impressed that he achieved a draw, and came out blessed.

I also know that I often wrestle with questions, or problems that are not physical but mental.  These wrestling often happen when I'm alone, and sometimes do keep me up past my bedtime.

The challenge is not to avoid those wrestlings, no matter how strong the "opponent."

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment