Friday, March 10, 2017

Reflection for March 7, 2017

" Then the other came, saying, ‘Lord, here is your pound. I wrapped it up in a piece of cloth,  for I was afraid of you, because you are a harsh man; you take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ "(Luke 19:20-21)

Playing it safe is something we do from time to time.  We don't want to fail so we take no risks.  The funny thing is that sometimes in playing it safe, the very thing we hope to avoid is in fact what happens.

Part of that is fear of the repercussions from failing.  Someone that we respect or sadly maybe fear, might come after us or lose respect for us.  And yet the same thing can happen when we don't even try.

When we don't use what we have, either materially or just in terms of talents or expertise we risk looking back and wondering why we squandered those opportunities.

When I look at my relationship with God, do I use the gifts given to me or am I afraid of God and therefore hold back.  I actually believe God is more compassionate towards a well tried failure than a low risk success. But if you believe God to be a harsh judge, it's no wonder one might hold back.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment