Friday, March 10, 2017

Reflection for March 8, 2017

"Esau said to his father, “Have you only one blessing, father? Bless me, me also, father!” And Esau lifted up his voice and wept."(Genesis 27:38)

Have you ever had someone take or get something that should have been yours.  You know they didn't earn it.  They may even have stolen your idea and gotten all the credit. It can be even worse when it is someone close to you. It isn't hard to understand why Esau wept.

The fact that Isaac, was so easily duped is also troubling, but he's never been a strong patriarch. That there could only be one blessing available is also sad.

I believe that God still blesses me even when I don't get something I believe I should have.  I certainly have felt the pain of losing out to someone else and not being able to see what they had going for them that I didn't.

So like Esau, I too cry out, but I also continue to seek a blessing rather than wallow in self pity.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment