Sunday, March 26, 2017

Reflection for March 26, 2017

" God spoke to Israel in visions of the night, and said, “Jacob, Jacob.” And he said, “Here I am.” (Genesis 46:2)

Recently our Lenten class talked about what we would say about God.  And some of the folks shared how they had at some point in their lives heard God speak to them, audible, not just in their hearts.

At first I didn't think I'd ever had such an experience, but I later recalled that I was once wrestling and was losing my match and I heard a voice that said "he's high roll him."  It wasn't my coach and I listened to the voice and did what it said and wound up hitting the move and ultimately winning the match.

Was that God?  I can't say for sure, but I do believe that God can speak to us, often more to our hearts and minds than literally in our ears. But when that call comes will I or you be ready to say "Here I am."  For me it would come down to does the voice know my name? Does it feel familiar?  Having been in relationship with God my whole life, I feel pretty sure that I would know.

Blessings,
Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment