Thursday, March 23, 2017

Reflection for March 23, 2017

"  With that, Joseph hurried out, because he was overcome with affection for his brother, and he was about to weep. So he went into a private room and wept there."(Genesis 43:30)

When was the last time you cried for joy?  Most of the time when cry it is because of something painful.  I can think of people who I might long to see again, but it won't happen on this side of my earthly pilgrimage.  And knowing that can cause me to get a little misty eyed.

But there are people who are still alive that if and when I get to see them again, it isn't to hard for me to imagine weeping a little.  Our bonds of affection are often stronger than we realize and weeping with joy is not really all that weird.

As a private person I probably like Joseph would take my weeping somewhere else.  But I know this I'm quite capable of shedding tears.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment