Friday, March 31, 2017

Reflection for March 31, 2017

" Is it lawful for us to pay taxes to the emperor, or not?” (Luke 20:22)
There are two things that are guaranteed in life, death and taxes. I haven't met too many people that like death and no one who likes taxes.  In our country taxes are always a hot topic.  Our politicians promise they will lower our taxes all the time.  I honestly haven't seen mine go down.  I must be in the wrong tax bracket.

I also know that there are things that my giving to the emperor pays for that I like.  Making sure poor people are taken care. Having safe and clean water and food. Good schools and National Parks.

There are things that I'm not so keen about my taxes being used for as well. The sad part is I don't get to decide where the money goes.

I do know that taxes are a necessary evil and that in lowering income you then need to decide how you are lowering spending. And that is where "priorities" start to clash.

Since I'm willing to render to Ceasar, I hope Ceasar will do some work that is more in line with what God might want.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment