Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Reflection for March 20, 2017

"But when all goes well with you, remember me and show me kindness; mention me to Pharaoh and get me out of this prison."(Genesis 40:14) 

Have you ever done a kindness to someone?  Helped them out of some jam, gave some sage advice, that proved helpful?  We should do this, just because it is the right thing to do.  And also if we really have the means or the knowledge to help.  

Yet somehow I find that there is a part of me that hopes that if I were in a bind perhaps the same people would help me. Would they remember how I treated them and do likewise?  Not necessarily right away, but perhaps at some point.

Often these returns take longer than we might hope.  Perhaps we may have even forgotten about it ourselves.  But when it does happen what a truly joy filled moment it is.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment