Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Reflection for March 5, 2017

 He replied, “What is impossible for mortals is possible for God.”(Luke 18:27)

I always love when someone tells me that something is impossible. I might concede improbable, but never impossible. This is especially true for me when it comes to what God may and can do.

I certainly have limitations and there are things that are impossible for me, and also unadvisable for me to even attempt.  But Jesus isn't talking about some sort of feat.  He's talking about who can be saved.  He turns the world view upside down, by showing that it isn't just rich people who are worthy of God's special blessing. As a matter of fact it is harder because they have so much to sacrifice.

We don't always know ahead of time what may be asked of us, and whether we can do it. But thanks be to God that even our feeblest efforts God can make into something amazing.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment