Sunday, March 12, 2017

Reflection for March 10, 2017

" When morning came, it was Leah! And Jacob said to Laban, “What is this you have done to me? Did I not serve with you for Rachel? Why then have you deceived me?”  Laban said, “This is not done in our country—giving the younger before the firstborn. 27 Complete the week of this one, and we will give you the other also in return for serving me another seven years.” (Genesis 29:25-26)

I'm very grateful that I met my wife when and how I did. She was volunteering in the admissions office of her college and I was a new staff member.  She watched my apartment while I was on the road recruiting and the then there's the rest of the story.  

I say grateful, not only because I met Gail, but also that I don't have to try and navigate the dating scene these days.  I'd be lousy at it and my vocation is not exactly one that makes starting a relationship easy, though I know people who have done it.

How did you meet your significant other, if you have one?  I don't know that the biblical model as revealed in this passage would work anymore. But I know this that if someone is worth having in your life, it does take some work.  And maybe that's what Jacob models for us.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment