Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Reflection for February 28, 2017

" No slave can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.”(Luke 16:13)

Tonight the President Trump will address both houses of Congress.  Nothing new there. I won't be watching, not because of who is speaking, but because I never watch these things. I can catch the highlights or low lights depending on one's perspective, later.  Much of what he will talk about leads to a discussion about prosperity in some form or another, and again that's not unique to him.

What I've noticed lately is how much of what has always driven our politics and our national psyche is economics.  How much money rules our lives, defines who we are, and often leads to our own self worth.  The drive to have wealth has always been problematic.  We never really know when we have "enough."  And we work ourselves silly to get that wealth only to have no energy left to enjoy it.  I don't hate money, but I'm not a slave to it either.  It is a sad necessity to live in this world, however I've found that my devotion to God has usually led to me having what I need.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment