Thursday, March 16, 2017

Reflection for March 16, 2017

" And Isaac breathed his last; he died and was gathered to his people, old and full of days; and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him."(Genesis 35:29)

Death is something none of us can avoid.  Not only will we die at some point, but we will experience the death of beloved relatives and friends as we walk our earthly pilgrimage.  As a priest, I have the privilege of walking with people as they say those goodbyes.

We all hope that at the end of our life it could be said that we were old and full of days.  That we lived a good long life that was fulfilling.  And that our family and friends would be present to bury us.

Jacobs journey back home leads him to be present at his father's death. When I drive up to see my parents I know that there will come a day when that drive is not just for some time with them.  I hope it will be when they are old and full of days.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment