Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Reflection for March 12, 2017

" and the pillar[g] Mizpah,[h] for he said, “The Lord watch between you and me, when we are absent one from the other."(Genesis 31:49)

There are people in my life who I am absent from for various periods of time.  With my wife it is usually at a minimum 7 hours daily, because she works.  I still hope that while she is at work the Lord will watch over us while we are apart.  I have other family members that I don't see as often and I have friends some of whom I don't see for years, but I also hope that the Lord watches over them as well.

Laban statement to Jacob is not as loving.  He's warning Jacob to think about what he does in relationship to Laban when they aren't together.  Pretty much act towards me when we aren't face to face as you would if we were.

I hope that how I feel and act towards people is the same whether I'm with them or apart.  And the fact that God sees those actions ought to make me keep those relationships in mind.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment