Sunday, March 26, 2017

Reflection for March 25, 2017

" So it was not you who sent me here, but God; he has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house and ruler over all the land of Egypt. "(Genesis 45:8)

A seminary colleague, Karen Campbell, once used a term that I've subsequently heard elsewhere, when God gives you lemons make lemonade.  Another way to understand it is to put a positive spin on a negative situation.  Looking for that "silver lining."  All cliches I know, but they still hold true.

There are times when what we're going through doesn't make any sense.  But in hindsight we can see what the reason was.  It is also true that God has a way of sometimes using us for good even if it wasn't his plan to have us be in a bad place.

It is hard to see those silver linings or God's hand in something when we are feeling miserable.  And yet if I believe in God's presence with me day in and day out, I can sometimes be surprised by what lies on the other end of the story.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment