Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Reflection for April 8, 2017

" That same day Herod and Pilate became friends with each other; before this they had been enemies."(Luke 23:12)

As a child I had friends that one day we would be best buddies, the next day hating each other, and then back to being buddies again.  I will say that I generally keep my friends, and I rarely an at enmity with others.  So I've never had someone that I consider an enemy.

I do know that there are people that I call friends who at a surface level people would think I have nothing in common with, but somehow I try to transcend differences and seek a common place, even if that place is just mutual respect of each other's dignity.

Sometimes our opinion of a person can change because we or they have changed. Sometimes we can become friends because of strange shared interest.  I'm not sure that mocking something or someone makes for the best friendships.

Blessings, 
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment