Friday, April 21, 2017

Reflection for April 14, 2017

"38 He said to them, “Why are you frightened, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?"(Luke 24:38)

Today is Good Friday (okay it actually isn't because I'm trying to catch up) and I've spent the day practically in church related activities since 9 am until 9 pm.

One of the activities of the day was walking with a cross through town and praying at different stops for the various businesses and public places.  While I did this last year for the first time, I tried something different this year, I walked the walk wearing my cassock.  I don't know why I was scared to do this, but I was a little nervous. Perhaps I spent too much energy worrying about the reaction of people to that, never mind that I'm leading a group through town carrying a fairly large cross.

It is amazing to me what can cause us to doubt and to be frightened.  Sometimes being cautious is prudent, but it can also be paralyzing.  I love how often Jesus tells us to not be afraid, frightened or scared.  When I trust in his presence those fears are often unfounded.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment