Sunday, April 23, 2017

Reflection for April 23, 2017

" And they cast lots for them, and the lot fell on Matthias; and he was added to the eleven apostles."(Acts 1:26)

2 years ago at this time I was involved in two search processes.  I had been in 30 others during the year.  While I wasn't always a finalist there were a couple of times that the lot could have fallen on me and didn't.  I feel blessed that when the lot did fall on me eventually and am fully convinced that God's hand was guiding this.

But I know all to well the feeling of being Joseph called Barsabbas.  The privilege of being considered and yet not ultimately chosen.  That feeling is not unique to clergy.  Anyone who has pursued a job has known what it is like to not get it, even when you'd be really good at it.

We don't hear anything about Joseph Barsabbas after this.  I wonder if he continued in ministry?  What did God do with him?

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment