Friday, April 21, 2017

Reflection for April 15, 2017

"Why are the nations in an uproar? Why do the peoples mutter empty threats?"(Psalm 2:1)

I usually pay some attention to what is going on globally, probably not as much as I should.  But with a son serving in the Navy, the saber rattling that I'm seeing makes me nervous.  Certainly the leader of North Korea seems to like to run his mouth and act with more bravado than he should.  But are his threats empty?  I hope so.

Our country last week launched 59 tomahawk missiles into Syria and dropped the "mother of All Bombs on Afghanistan.  We were in an uproar over the chemical weapon attack in Syria and the continued battle with ISIL.  I wonder if those are just empty threats?

Wars and carnage come when nations get in an uproar.  Wars happen and innocent people die because of empty threats, being responded to.

I pray for the President, I pray for all the leaders of the world, that they might find a way around being in an uproar and muttering threats empty or full.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment