Thursday, April 27, 2017

Reflection for April 25, 2017

" But God raised him up, having freed him from death,[c] because it was impossible for him to be held in its power. "(Acts 2:24)

There are many things that can hold power over us.  I've never thought of death as one of them. I can see how fear of death might have power over me, but it doesn't.  I'm not afraid of dying.  I see it as a midlife crisis, albeit a big one. 

If death held me in its power I wouldn't be able to live.  I might be breathing but I would not be enjoying life.  The resurrection of Jesus which we Christians celebrate each Sunday and especially during these 50 days of Easter is what gives us that freedom. A freedom to live, not to be reckless but to still enjoy the good things God has given us, and to be in right relationship with God and each other.

And it is also that resurrection power that should free us from the other negatives that try to maintain power over us.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment