Friday, April 7, 2017

Reflection for April 6, 2017

" In his anguish he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down on the ground."(Luke 22:44)

I work out regularly so I understand sweat.  The harder I work the more I sweat. There are other things I do regularly that don't cause me to literally sweat and praying is one of them.

I can imagine though having a figurative sweat while praying. A nervous energy, something so stressful that prayer seems to be the only thing I can do about it.

We can be told "don't sweat it."  Meaning of course don't get yourself worked up about something.  For Jesus staring death in the face that was not going to happen, he sweated it, literally and figuratively, but took it to a place of prayer.

It is his example in our own times of stress that we should follow.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment