Saturday, April 15, 2017

Reflection for April 10, 2017

"  He replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”(Luke 23:43)

Over the weekend a dear friend and musical mentor died.  David Diehl was my youth choir director here at St. Luke's.  I credit him for instilling in me a love for singing.  He also was a second father to me, often showing up to my Little League games and talking sports with me.

My theology of resurrection is nourished by the words of Jesus to the thief quoted above.  I know there are passages of scripture that point to having to wait for a final trumpet call, but those passages do not inform me. 

I like to meditate and take comfort in the fact that Dave and many others upon their death are with Jesus in paradise.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment