Friday, April 21, 2017

Reflection for April 11, 2017

 "And when all the crowds who had gathered there for this spectacle saw what had taken place, they returned home, beating their breasts."(Luke 23:48)

The last movie that I went to see, I left wondering why I had gone to see it. It was pointless, gratuitous in its violence, and ultimately I should have left beating my breast too.

We as a culture are often attracted to the macabre.  We'll slow down and look at a car wreck, if there's a fire truck we'll watch a building burn.  We can watch endless news clips of disasters.  We may even get caught up in a mob mentality.

But when the initial rush is over and we realize how we have not actually made the situation better, and in fact have just lost a part of our life that we aren't getting back.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment