Friday, April 21, 2017

Reflection for April 13, 2017

 "They said to each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us[f] while he was talking to us on the road, while he was opening the scriptures to us?”(Luke 24:32)

In the previous reflection I wrote about our faith experience being something that touches us deep within ourselves.  The road to Emmaus passage really gets to the heart of it.

Have you ever read something or been to a lecture that just stirred your heart.  You begin to see the connections to your own life, and you feel empowered to do something, to improve yourself, and the motivation is real.

When our intellects and emotions are working in harmony great things happen. When we are on our own faith journeys our personal road to Emmaus it can be truly amazing.

I know that each time I read some passage of scripture I often find something new to deepen my faith with.  I know it is even more exciting when my faith journey is joined by others.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment