Sunday, April 2, 2017

Reflection for April 2, 2017

 “When you hear of wars and insurrections, do not be terrified; for these things must take place first, but the end will not follow immediately.” (Luke 21:9)

Living in the world of 24/7 news cycles a day hardly goes past when we don't hear of wars, insurrections, natural disasters, or just people being cruel to each other.  It is hard to not cave in to despair or to be terrified to leave your own home.

Sadly this is nothing new, we just are bombarded with information now, so that it seems to be right at our doorstep. Being a follower of Jesus Christ does not make immune from these events, nor does it guarantee my safety.  It does give me the ability not to give in to despair.

Are these signs of the end times?  I don't think so.  And the Bible tells me that's not my concern.  And while I will continue to pray for wars to the cease and the innocent victims of our inhumanity.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment