Monday, April 24, 2017

Reflection for April 24, 2017

" But others sneered and said, “They are filled with new wine.”(Acts 2:13)

I haven't personally been drunk since August of 1990.  I'm not much of a drinker.  I do  have a beer once in a while, but not very often. This is not a moral thing for me, just a choice.

That statement, what are you, drunk?  whenever you do something strange is funny to me.  What I recall about overindulging in alcohol is that it tends to amplify the mood the drunk was in.  So happy drunks just get over happy, which by the way can get annoying, mad drunks can get violent, that too is really annoying, and sad drunks get sadder.

The apostles were accused of being drunk when everyone else could suddenly understand what they were saying.  I've never noticed clarity coming from being drunk.  But when we don't understand something we might look for a cop out excuse.

When we talk about God in ways that make sense to others powerful things can happen.  We will always encounter cynics, but we're better off spending our time with those to whom the message is beginning to make sense.

Blessings,
Ed



No comments:

Post a Comment