Saturday, April 1, 2017

Reflection for April 1, 2017

" In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife will the woman be? For the seven had married her.”(Luke 20:33)

I have actually had this question asked of me twice. Fortunately the persons asking were sincere, they really wanted to know.  The first lady to ask was my grandmother.  She was married twice, my first grandfather past away and she remarried my other grandfather.  After he died she asked me who she would be with in heaven. She believed in the resurrection.  She had some notion that she would be reunited with those who have gone before. But was concerned who she would be with.

My answer was who would you want to be with.  I didn't want an answer though I think I know which one.  But I think she was also concerned that who she chose might not have chosen her.  And there in I had to explain my theology of heaven.  That each of us has our own room. In that room are the people and things that were important to us.  Those people may have their own room as well.  Heaven for me is not a big city were you keep running into people.

It isn't about the pecking order of marriage in heaven, but a joyful reunion with those we love.

I don't mind answering sincere questions.  For Jesus this question was asked from an attempted gotcha.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment