Friday, April 21, 2017

Reflection for April 18, 2017

"My spirit shakes with terror; how long, O Lord, how long?"(Psalm 6:3)

Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster of a day.  We had such a great Easter Day at Church and yesteray all of our children and my parentsjoined us to spend time together in over a year.  But yesterday morning Gail and I headed to the Breast Center for a biopsy to a large mass that was obvious to the touch and clearly shown on a mammogram.

At this point we know nothing beyond that.  While the biopsy will eventually tell us something you don't get immediate results, and lumps in breasts are sometimes not a good sign.  I know that I need to be patient and wait. To not play "what if" games in my mind.  But there is a part of me that is a tad terrified, though my shaking is not physically obvious.  I don't know how long we'll have to wait for the results, but I hope it is not to long.  Because as Tom Petty once sang "the waiting is the hardest part."

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment