Friday, April 21, 2017

Reflection for April 21, 2017

"In the Lord have I taken refuge; how then can you say to me, 'Fly away like a bird to the hilltop.'"(Psalm 11:1)

Well today was day 2 of the new normal for Gail and I.  Our second doctor's appointment and while the course ahead gets clearer there is still some unknowns that in the days ahead we will have to go through more tests to get the final pieces of the plan.

There is a part of me that would love to just run away.  Fly like a bird anywhere.  But that isn't what I'll do.  I need to be that strong rock for Gail, to be the partner who promised to be with her for better or worse, rich or for poor, IN SICKNESS and in health.  I also know that I can't do this alone. I will be leaning heavily on the prayers and support of family and friends and we've received so much from last night through today.

And it is also because I have taken refuge in the Lord, that those prayers and good wishes do not go in one ear and out the other, but form that solid foundation under me and that I know will sustain me through this journey and keep me as a steady support for Gail.

All of us need our support systems, I'm thankful for the one's God has blessed me with, most especially God's presence with me each and every day.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment