Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Reflection for April 4, 2017

"So he consented and began to look for an opportunity to betray him to them when no crowd was present."(Luke 22:1-13)

Being betrayed I would think is one of the lowest experiences. Low because it probably cost you dearly and was done by someone you trusted.  Betrayal in front of others is hard enough, when the betrayer doesn't want witnesses even worse.

I have been fortunate to have not been betrayed so far.  Let down yes, but never thrown under a bus.  I hope I haven't done it to anyone unintentionally. I certainly have never intentionally done so.

We don't know if Judas was ever forgiven, or if he forgave himself. We know what that betrayal cost Jesus. Divine plan or not, it still sucks.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment