Friday, April 21, 2017

Reflection for April 16, 2017

"I lie down in peace; at once I fall asleep; for only you, Lord, make me dwell in safety."(Psalm 4:8)

Happy Easter, (I know that was last week remember I'm catching up and besides Easter is a season not a day!)  It was a long week for me and my fellow clerics throughout the world.  But one that was also very exhilerating.  What I noticed was that I had no problem falling asleep each day.

Perhaps it was because at the end of each day I lay down in peace knowing that I had offered up my best to God that day in leading worship, preaching the Gospel etc.  I didn't have to review what worked or didn't.  I don't time how long it takes me to fall asleep, but it seems fast.

I know in part that it is a sense of doing my best to fulfill what God needed me to do each day.  And there is that satisfaction of sensing God's presence in what we do that at the end of the day we think well done good and faithful servant.  Bring on the next day.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment