Saturday, May 6, 2017

Reflection for May 6, 2017

" Now as he was going along and approaching Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” He asked, “Who are you, Lord?” The reply came, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.(Acts 9:3-5)

Today I spent most of the day at our Bishop's Conference on formation, where the theme of Know Your Story, live it boldly continued.  Knowing one's faith story is important.  How can you share how Jesus' is working in your life, if you don't know how or when it even began.

This passage is Luke's version of Paul's conversion. Unlike the scene depicted in Carvaggio's famous painting, there is no horse, though perhaps a conversion can often be knocking someone off their own high horse.


Many Christians do testify to a "road to Damascus" experience which brought them to a place of faith.  I have to honor that because it is their experience.  However it is not mine.  My faith journey is different.  That is not to say that I can't sometimes be blind, that I might need to get knocked off my own high horse and be humbled a little.

What I do know is that even with my life long journey, there are times that I need to be reminded who Jesus is to me.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment