Thursday, May 4, 2017

Reflection for May 3, 2017

"But they covered their ears, and with a loud shout all rushed together against him."(Acts 7:57)

When was the last time you heard something that just really enraged you?  If you pay attention to politics it could be almost daily.  We live in a time of deep political divide.  There is no real middle anymore. And very little listening to anything that contradicts what we already believe.  And those rare times that we do bother to listen to what the other side says, we usually get to a point of just covering our ears and shouting at them or the tv that brings them to us.

Why is listening so hard for us?  Why do we seem to have very thin skin when it comes to those we don't agree with.  It certainly doesn't seem to take much to set us off anymore.

I try to keep my ears, heart and mind open.  But I suppose like anyone there is a point that I reach where I shut out things I do not wish to hear.

Blessings,
Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment