Friday, May 5, 2017

Reflection for May 5, 2017

"So Philip ran up to it and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah. He asked, 'Do you understand what you are reading?'  He replied, 'How can I, unless someone guides me?' And he invited Philip to get in and sit beside him."(Acts 8:30-31)

This week was apparently teacher appreciation week.  I've always enjoyed learning, still do as a matter of fact.  I'm also an avid reader, luckily though I don't have to write any papers or take any tests.  But I know that because of my teachers in high school and college I have a better understanding of what I'm reading.

This is also true of reading the Bible. I find having people to reflect on scripture with to be very helpful.  Listening to others insight into the scripture deepens my own understanding of scripture.

I hope that when I share my own understanding of scripture that it deepens other people's understanding as well.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment