Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Reflection for May 10, 2017

" The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astounded that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles,"(Acts 10:45)

While I am generally in favor of everybody being treated the same, I will say that I sometimes am amazed at how that equality is lived out. Sometimes people who I don't consider as good as me seem to get the same privileges and responsibilities that I do.  I know that is incredibly petty.

It is harder when our perceived place of privilege whether justified or not is questioned that our jaws just sort of drop.  When our biases get shot out of the water and we find that while we are all special, no one is more special or more deserving than another.

Yes God works in very mysterious ways, and perhaps a refocused on how we are treated in a positive way may actually astound someone else.

Blessings,
Ed 

No comments:

Post a Comment