Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Reflection for May 15, 2017

"But he said, “O my Lord, please send someone else.” (Exodus 4:13)

Has anyone ever asked you to do something and you either don't feel that you'll succeed, or perhaps just don't feel like it period.  And so you begin to make up excuses.  And eventually you get to let somebody else do it.

Certainly as kids we did this all the time.  Can't my sister or brother do it.  Hey it's their turn!  The problem of course is that we may be passing up an opportunity to which only we can see it through. And why should we want someone else to get the credit.

I know when I've passed up opportunities that have presented themselves I later will wonder why I was so scared to try, why did I let it pass me by.

Sure there will always be things that feel like drudgery or are a royal pain in the ass and might not have no reward at all.  But just as often sending someone else is the wrong idea.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment