Friday, May 19, 2017

Reflection for May 18, 2017

" But on that day I will set apart the land of Goshen, where my people live, so that no swarms of flies shall be there, that you may know that I the Lord am in this land."(Exodus 8:22)

Being set apart is an ongoing aspect of our Judeo-Christian tradition.  We believe that God has blessed us in specific ways that only we can have access to.

Of course there are times when we are blessed and others seemingly not as much.  Where our lives seem "fly less" while others are just being swarmed.  Of course there are times that we feel like we are being plagued.

I do know that while my life is not free from problems, I don't feel plagued in any way shape or form.  And perhaps that is because of my faith in God. My hope would be that others might see a difference and ask the question what's he got going that I don't.

Problems in our lives can often be wake up calls for us.  The question is will we actually listen?

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment