Saturday, February 4, 2017

Reflection for February 4, 2017

" As for yourself, you shall go to your ancestors in peace; you shall be buried in a good old age."(Genesis 15:15)

None of us actually knows how long we'll live.  I personally would like to live a good long life.  One where I can see grandchildren grow up.  I would like to visit most of the countries in the world.  And if you know me well enough I'd like to see a ballgame in every baseball stadium.

I don't spend much if any time dwelling on my death or fearing it.  I could be at the midlife stage meaning I could come close to living for a century. I could just as easily die tomorrow, though I hope not.

What I won't do is live in fear of dying.  I will live life fully so that I can go to my ancestors in peace.  Folks who live in the fear of dying whether by their own actions or the actions of others, cease to live. Being afraid is death.

We are not guaranteed any specific time on earth, we are guaranteed that it will end at some point.  But as a Christian that end is just a momentary mid life crisis.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment