Monday, February 27, 2017

Reflection for February 24, 2017

"Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ But he will say, ‘I do not know where you come from; go away from me, all you evildoers!’ "(Luke 13:26-27)

Have you ever tried to figure out where someone is coming from?  I don't mean from a specific location, but more from a what are they thinking, or what are they really about kind of way.

All of us have a point of view that comes from our experiences in life.  How we were raised, the environment we grew up in, the company we kept.  And when we understand someone we might say, "I see where you are coming from."  That doesn't always mean we agree with them or approve of what they've said or done.

I hope that what I do or say Jesus would approve of where I'm coming from.  And while I feel that I am in his presence always, just showing being there may not be enough. I need to show that being with Jesus is where I'm coming from, by how I interact with others.  I don't want to be told to go way.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment