Saturday, February 11, 2017

Reflection for February 11, 2017

" Let the girl to whom I shall say, ‘Please offer your jar that I may drink,’ and who shall say, ‘Drink, and I will water your camels’—let her be the one whom you have appointed for your servant Isaac. By this I shall know that you have shown steadfast love to my master.”(Genesis 24:14)

We are always looking for signs that this is the right decision or the right whatever. I've never fully thought about what a sign would look like for me.  So I'm always impressed by the biblical stories where people tell God how to let them know that this is the right decision or person or whatever.  Almost like asking what's the secret password.

I will say that there have been times that in hindsight I've seen the hand of God guiding me.  Things have just worked out for me, in ways that I could not have imagined.

So the story tells us that Rebekah was found for Isaac because she said a very specific sentence.  I'm sure it helped that she had poise, good manners, and was also attractive.  How nice that the rest worked itself out so specifically.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment