Saturday, February 18, 2017

Reflection for February 17, 2017

“So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you."(Luke 11:9)

Sometimes people will say I have a dumb question and I'm half tempted to say that I have a dumb answer. But Jesus isn't talking about questions he's talking about how to pray.  He started by giving an outline, moved onto the need to be persistent and then came this part.

Except that I've noticed that I don't always get what I asked for.  I've looked for things but haven't always found what I was looking for.  I've knocked on doors and found them closed to me.  

But even when things don't work out as I would have liked, I never stop asking, because you are assured of not ever getting what you want if you never ask.  If you don't seek for something, you are guaranteed not to find whatever it is you are looking for.  And no doors get opened if you don't knock or let people know that you are there.

Because I have asked for things and have received.  I have searched and found and have knocked and been allowed in.  Not every time, but sometimes once is enough.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment