Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Reflection for February 14, 2017

"‘Even the dust of your town that clings to our feet, we wipe off in protest against you. Yet know this: the kingdom of God has come near.'"(Luke 10:11)

Sometimes we just have to move on. Things didn't work out the way we'd hoped. This can happen in work, in relationships, sometimes in trivial matters like which sports team to follow.

But making a total break from something is never easy.  That notion of even the dust that clings to our feet being wiped off is hard. Dust is such a small thing, yet there are things that remind us of what we once had.  Memories both mental and physical.  And as long as those things are present it is tough to truly move on.

I don't know that I've ever fully let go of anything. People, places and things, who are no longer play a prominent part in my life, pop into my mind from time to time.  Sometimes it is okay and I can just smile, give thanks and then put it back into the deep recesses of my mind from which it comes.  Other times a different emotion comes up and I wish I could wipe it away.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment