Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Reflection for February 20, 2017

 “And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God;  but whoever denies me before others will be denied before the angels of God."(Luke 12:8-9)

A friend of mine put up one of those Facebook challenges where you are supposed to prove your love devotion for Christ, by proclaiming him on your page.  The assumption is that if you aren't doing this you are somehow denying Christ.

Personally I'm not convinced of that assumption.  I love Jesus, follow him as my Lord and Saviour, but I'm not convinced that bowing to a manipulative facebook post honors him.  Or to choose not to denies him.  If I were facing a firing squad because of my beliefs and were asked to deny Jesus and live, I'd choose death. 

I'll acknowledge Jesus in deed and words when necessary.  I get the point that you can't expect Jesus to know you if you don't want to know him.  But I don't think Christians challenging Christians in social media is the way to go.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment