Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Reflection for February 1, 2017

"And the Lord said, “Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. "(Genesis 11:6)

One of the most frustrating things for me is my ineptitude in languages.  Sometimes I think I barely have English mastered. It frustrates me because I am reliant on others who might know English in addition to their own native tongue.  I'd love to be able to travel to other countries, and I know I can, but only because someone else knows English.

And while that is frustrating, it is even more frustrating to see how even when we are all speaking English, we often don't understand each other. Our ideological and theological biases often cause as much "babel" as anything else.
And sadly what occurs is strife, misunderstanding, and generally nothing getting accomplished.

God was right to say when we are "one" there is nothing that is impossible.  So why is it we continue to seek things that divide?  Is it so that we don't actually have to do anything hard?

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment