Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Reflection for June 9, 2017

" Then all of them[h] seized Sosthenes, the official of the synagogue, and beat him in front of the tribunal. But Gallio paid no attention to any of these things."(Acts 18:17)

I'm not much of a protester.  While I certainly have opinions about the government, I've never tried to get the governments attention. From what I gather those that do will usually start by bringing their concerns to the proper authorities first, usually via letters or phone calls. And if it seems like no one is paying attention, they might move onto organized protests, usually peaceful.

But there are times when people get too frustrated and decide to get a little more physical, hoping to draw attention.  I'm not convinced this actually works other than getting people agitated with the people who chose that course of action.  I have yet to see leaders moved to change their minds or pay more attention to the grievance, but usually just they continue to ignore these folks or respond in kind.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment