Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Reflection for June 15, 2017

"Then Paul answered, “What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” (Acts 21:13)

I don't know how I'd react if I were bound and determined to do something that I know wasn't going to end well, but needed to be done.  This would be especially hard if prior to going I was surrounded by people crying over me. 

It takes a strong will to look disaster in the face and head straight at it, even if you know it will cost you dearly.  Again I'm not sure I'd leave the dock.

But it is also true that our bravest moments in life can come when we know there are people behind us, wishing that there was another way, but ultimately letting us go.

I hope I don't face such a harsh reality, but if I ever do, I hope there will be some that cry over me while still supporting me.  Even though their sadness will break my heart.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment