Friday, June 30, 2017

Reflection for June 20, 2017

" That night the Lord stood near him and said, “Keep up your courage! For just as you have testified for me in Jerusalem, so you must bear witness also in Rome.”(Acts 23:11)

When things aren't going well, when I feel like I'm in a rut, it is a hard fight not to get discouraged.  I can tell myself at the end of a day that didn't go the way I thought it would, that there's always tomorrow.  Sometimes that's true, but I have certainly gone through long periods of stress, and feeling like I'm running into brick walls.

I've also found that when I'm in those ruts, that something or someone gives me a word of encouragement. To keep my courage, or my desire to see something through.  I need to be reminded that I've done something before and there is still more to do.

Who encourages you? As people of faith we should be aware of how God walks with us encouraging us.  And that can often be the strength needed when the task seems daunting.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment