Friday, June 16, 2017

Reflection for June 7, 2017

When they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some believers[d] before the city authorities,[e]shouting, “These people who have been turning the world upside down have come here also,"(Acts 17:6)

I've never been much of a protester.  It is hard for me to imagine that I could lead something where people would fear the presence of the group I was leading.  Maybe I'm selling myself short.

There are things that can happen to us where we feel our world is being turned upside down.  Where things aren't as we are used to them being and the change happens so quickly that it is disorienting.  And the natural reaction, regrettable as it may be, is to find someone to blame and let em have it.

Christians today, and I include myself here, have lost that passion for turning the world upside down.  We have become comfortable in holding the status quo, but what happens to us when our world gets turned upside down? How will we respond?  Do we look for a scape goat, or do we try to adjust to a new world view?

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment