Friday, June 30, 2017

Reflection for June 26, 2017

" When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small tempest raged, all hope of our being saved was at last abandoned."(Acts 27:20)

I've had a couple of occasions of literally being caught in a storm. Both rain and snow.  I've been driving and literally could not see what was in front of me.  I find those times to be incredibly stressful.  I can feel the tension in my body and the car going all over the place. If you've been in that situation you know that you can feel like you might not make it.

There is also true that in life we can feel like we are caught in the middle of a tempest.  Where we can't see a way out.  We don't recognize that there may be folks who can help us.  We just can't see the light.  And perhaps we begin to abandon hope.

As a person of faith even in those moments I strive not to abandon hope, because I've already been saved.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment