Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Reflection for June 8, 2017

"Now all the Athenians and the foreigners living there would spend their time in nothing but telling or hearing something new."(Acts 17:21)

How do you spend your time?  When I look at my day, a good chunk is spent working.  There is of course the part that is spent sleeping too.  But what do I do with the time that isn't spoken for? What do I do to renew myself in body, mind and spirit?

I know that I spend time at the gym and walking to take care of my body.  I spend time in intentional prayer and bible reading to take care of my spirit.  And I read for pleasure and pay attention to articles that catch my interest to renew my mind.  Sometimes I even engage in discussion with others to broaden my perspective.

I will admit that I don't take as much time telling or hearing something new. Mainly because so much of my time is taken up with those other things.  But new things and ideas are always popping up looking to be discussed, debated, and then either to catch on or be discarded.

It is true that there are things that seem new, but in many ways or just old things trying to make a comeback.

Blessings,
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment